The UFC GYM Group Fitness Manager is responsible for the growth and success of the Group Fitness (Group Fit) programs within the club(s) they oversee. The goal of this position is to grow and retain member participation and enhance member experience at the gym. Group Fitness Managers are required to manage all aspects of the department including but not limited to scheduling, ensuring instructor/class quality, budgeting, hiring, providing instructors with feedback and determining equipment needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop Effective Programming
- Build a robust group exercise schedule that appeals to the club population, with a focus on innovative and in-demand classes.
- Identify new formats/classes that would be effective for the assigned club or market.
- Plan and successfully launch new formats (as approved by the Director of Group Fitness).
- Partner with club management and offer input regarding the overall scheduling in each club. Large schedule restructures must be approved by the Director of Group Fitness.
- Increase year-over-year average class size and participation.
- Deliver on strategic Group Fit department objectives.
Build and Develop of Team of Group Fit Instructors
- Hold quarterly talent searches for new Group Fit Instructors.
- Follow audition expectations for all new hires. Audition and interview by Group Fit Manager is mandatory on new hires.
- Recruit, hire, develop and manage high quality Group Fit Instructors for the club. Coach, discipline and recommend termination as needed.
- Communicate with instructors, either one-on-one or by group to ensure alignment with company and/or club initiatives.
Manage Group Fit Budget
- Operate the Group Fit program within established monthly labor budget.
- Approve time punches and ensure consistent practice and compliance of UFC GYM’s Time and Attendance policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean, neat and safe studios and ensure group exercise equipment are well-maintained. Communicate any group fitness equipment needs.
Improving Member Experience
- Successfully plan and roll-out company approved Group Fit events.
- Address and resolve group fit member concerns within 24-48 hours. Partner with club General Manager, as needed.
- Support club programs on best F.I.T. (Format, Instructor, Time).
- Solicit class evaluations from members and provide coaching feedback to instructors.
- Create, promote and staff group fit special events.
- Build long term member participation and retention.
- Attend conference calls, meetings, continuing education classes and conferences, as required.
- Teach multiple group classes per week.
- Plan and develop routines, choose appropriate music and choreograph different movements fitting for each class.
- Lead and instruct group exercise format according to class schedule and adhering to company standard.
- Greet participants and orient them to class.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and proper usage of exercise equipment used during the class.
- Arrive on time to prep, set-up and greet participants and store all equipment neatly and appropriately after class.
- Motivate participants and provide instruction in maintaining exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from the exercise routines.
- Monitor participation and make necessary adjustments when necessary.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Previous experience teaching group fitness classes
- Able to build rapport and loyalty with club members
- Able to lead and communicate performance expectations and provide feedback to staff
- Able to resolve member problems and concerns effectively and professionally
- Able to work professionally, collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Practical and technical knowledge of group fitness
- Possess strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Club Ready software
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current Group Fitness approved certification preferred
- Additional training in specialty formats may be required
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Experienced with one or more of the following preferred: HIIT, TRX, Zumba,Yoga, Barless Barre, or Tai Chi
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)