- Plan and develop a variety of exercise routines, choose appropriate music and choreograph different movements appropriate for each class.
- Lead the class by performing the workout along with the participants who follow your lead.
- Incorporate use of cuing, tempo and safe transitional movements from one exercise to another.
- Instruct group exercise format according to class schedule and adhering to company standard.
- Greet and encourage new participants and orient them to class.
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications and modification of moves when needed.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and proper usage of exercise equipment used during the class.
- Motivate participants and provide instruction in maintaining exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from the exercise routines.
- Monitor participation and make necessary adjustments when necessary.
- Arrive on time to prep, set-up and greet participants. Start and end class on time, as scheduled.
- Greet members warmly and enthusiastically and build rapport with participants. Answer questions and maintain a positive exercise experience.
- Communicate member concerns to the Group Fit Manager when necessary.
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and attitude.
- Encourage long-term participation and member retention.
- Store all equipment neatly and appropriately. Report any equipment or safety issues to the Group Fit Manager, Operations Manager and/or General Manager.
- Accurately and promptly record hours worked on Club Ready and time and attendance system.
- Operate the stereo sound system, microphone and room lighting.
- Secure substitute instructors for assigned shifts that cannot be worked.
- Promote special events and other classes/services offered at the gym.
- Suggest special events to the Group Fit Manager to encourage more participation from members.
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles
- General understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cuing technique and rhythm
- Possess a high degree of energy and endurance to complete each fitness class
- Ability to communicate and connect with diverse group of individuals of all age groups and fitness levels
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to participants
- Ability to provide clear instruction when needed
- Current Group Fitness and/or Indoor Cycling approved certification (preferred)
- Additional training in specialty formats may be required
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)