The Youth Gymnastics Coach needs more than technical knowledge of how to do stunts. The coach must have a love of kids and a full supply of patience. The job requires the ability to work with boys and girls of different ages (5 yrs-12yrs old) and levels of talent. Our mission is to provide an opportunity for children to grow in confidence and physical ability, learning lessons and skills that will last a lifetime. Our commitment to safety, fun and development provides the foundation for life long happiness and achievement. This position requires a minimum of one day on the weekend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include setting up and safe-proofing the gym area, instructing and demonstrating skills and abilities in gymnastics, developing dynamic lesson plans, training new instructors and administering first aid if necessary. Coaches may also have to maintain computer records of classes.
Good interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate with parents, staff and the general public.
Gymnastics coaches may be required to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Strenuous physical activity may include climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, crawling, pulling and extensively reaching at heights above floor level. Tumbling and other gymnastics activities may also be required. Instructions can be done indoors and outdoors.
- Focus on changing lives through Service, Science and Sales.
- Be a brand ambassador of UFC Gym and its “Train Different” philosophy.
- Bring T.R.A.I.N (Timely, Ready, Aware, Inspiring, Noble) to life.
- Conduct safe and effective group sessions & private training sessions.
- Maintain the organization and neat presentation of the fitness floor and training spaces.
- Respond professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding payment transactions.
- Document daily workouts for liability (adherence to national certification standards).
- Be knowledgeable of club facility and services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- We are looking for an energetic, FUN and highly expert Gymnastics Team Coach
- You must have 2+ years of gymnastic coaching experience
- You must love working with children
- Have a positive attitude and be energetic and enthusiastic!
- You are organized, reliable and prepared to teach your classes.
- You must be patient and kind, focused on learning and fun while also keeping the class safe and at an appropriate level of challenge.
- You must have a solid understanding of professional behavior, including the appropriate boundaries defined by Safe Sport.
- Classes may be held afternoons & evenings throughout the week, and mornings & afternoons Saturdays and Sundays.
- In depth knowledge of Private Training techniques from assessment to program design.
- Must be able to adjust and operate all Gymnastic/Fitness Equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Minimum Certifications/Educational Level:
- Current CPR/AED certification (or in progress)
- Certification from organization recognized by UFC Gym (or in progress)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)