GENERAL SUMMARY: The General Manager (GM) has overall responsibility for effectively managing all membership, fitness, and operation functions within the gym to provide the best member experience, team member experience, and achieve financial success. The GM recruits, hires, trains and develops a diverse, high performance team that delivers on UFC Gym goals and reflects its values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Staffing & Development
- Recruit, interview, & hire department managers, supervisors, and front line team members, reflecting the diversity and culture(s) of the community.
- Provide consistent accountability for direct reports and dotted line reports through training, coaching, conducting planning sessions, and performance reviews.
- Provides input on final approval on the hiring, dismissal, discipline of all gym employees.
- Provides ongoing team member training & development in order to engage and retain team members.
- Provides developmental coaching and guidance for long-term career growth opportunities to all direct reports.
- Conducts regular team member meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals.
- Provides positive working conditions for team members and appropriate leadership, supervision, support, and feedback.
- Maintain a fully engaged and high performing team that aligns with company values and goals.
2. Sales Execution on Key Metrics & Drivers, thus Results.
- Personal minimum expectation of GM is: 40 NMUs, 8 POS PC Packages, and $2,000 in merchandise per month.
- High percentage of the GM’s time will be on ensuring Membership execution on lead, appointment setting, and guest goal in order to hit financial targets set forth by the company.
- GM is responsible for on-going training on hitting 50% of guest conversion and 20% attachment of point of sale private coaching to new member sales.
- Accountability & Performance Management is an integral component of GM leadership in order to execute on monthly sales metrics and drivers.
- Personal Production is a key component of the GM’s responsibility in order to ensure that the membership department hits their monthly targets in New Member Sales, Electronic Funds Transfer, and Point of Sale Private Coaching goals. There is a minimum goal by gym, but the GM must write the difference between the membership team performance and monthly goals.
- Participate and provide gym specific input into the development of the gym financial, expense, and operating plan.
- Develop monthly membership, fitness, and operation plans to deliver financial and retention goals with contribution by department heads and Franchise Partner
- With collaboration of department heads and establish priorities and goals, including revenue goals and labor targets for the gym. Identify and plan execution of improvement in the gym.
- Provide input and report monthly results to the Franchise Partner.
4. Guest Experience/Team Member Experience (General Management)
- Establish a fun, safe, healthy, and community-focused gym culture that delivers high member satisfaction and achieves maximum profitability with the support of department heads.
- Be a role model for member service behavior by walking through gym and collecting member feedback to identify training and development opportunities for team members.
- Resolve elevated gym member concerns; conduct on-the-spot coaching to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Monitor gym appearance and ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform regular reviews, edits and overtime approval in the Company’s Time & Labor system with assistance from department heads.
- Ensure company policies, procedures, programs and promotions are efficiently executed.
- Ensures safety of employees, members and gym property.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The UFC Gym General Manager reports directly to the Franchise Partner. Assistant Manager and Membership Specialists report directly to the General Manager. The Operations Manager and Fitness Director have a dotted line reporting structure to the General Manager with a direct report into the Franchise Partner.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities;
- Experience managing reports, budgeting, revenue, payroll, and/or demonstrated math analytical / ratio skills knowledge of fitness industry.
- Strong organizational skills and customer service orientation with proven results.
- Experience with basic computer skills like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Documents, and PowerPoint.
- Strong and proven leadership, communication, time management, and analytical abilities and skills.
2) Minimum certifications/educational level;
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
3) Minimum experience;
- 2-3 years of progressive management experience supervising 7-20 employees.
- 3-5 years of sales or related experience.
4) Physical Requirements;
- Must be able to lift 50-120 lbs., stand for up to 8-12 hours.
- Must have adequate transportation to and from work, to scheduled meetings, and/or to networking events.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or email@example.com.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)