The Assistant Fitness Manager is responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience personally and through Coach’s supervision. AFM’s are responsible for delivering great member service along with Fitness & Supplement revenue. As needed, they address member concerns, employee relations issues, and oversee scheduling and time-keeping activities. On a regular basis, they communicate and enforce Company and Club policies and procedures. AFMs are responsible for the successful attainment of revenue goals pertaining to Private Training and Supplements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sell and Conduct Private Training & Small Group Training with Members
- Assist members and encourages their involvement in private training.
- Ensures accurate administration of client Programs, supplement purchases, measurement tracking, workout programs. Arrives on time, prepared and attentive for training appointments.
- Assists in all revenue generating activities, including but not limited to: complimentary workouts, supplement booths, body fat tables, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Sells training sessions. Executes an effective prospecting strategy, conducts guest tours, and responsible for completing sales of staff when needed through the Turn-Over process.
- Responsible for achieving monthly revenue objectives set forth by the Company with regards to fitness and Supplements.
- Reviews daily club sales performance and individual employee performance statistics with the Fitness Manager, Vice President and staff members to identify issues and clarify behaviors needed to achieve club sales goals.
- Administers company policies as they relate to the sales process.
- Works with Fitness Manager to ensure coaches are productive, that revenue and service goals are properly communicated and that the Club remains on-track to attain daily, weekly and monthly financial goals particularly on weekends. Sets monthly, weekly and daily goals and objectives which are consistent with or above those of the Company. Conducts monthly, weekly and daily meetings with the coaches to review performance and operations and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving personal and club goals.
- Handles member service matters such as providing tours of the Club, explaining services offered by the Fitness Department and signing a member up for training agreements and appointments. Mediates member issues and concerns in a timely and effective manner, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Performs various administrative and housekeeping duties within assigned areas as needed.
- Alerts the Operations staff of repairs and maintenance needs in the club. Personally conducts facility walk through daily.
- Supervises coach sales activities. Reviews agreements and prepares daily paperwork.
- Complies with operational procedures in the club and follows-up with compliance checks through the monitoring of club systems and employee performance.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- In depth knowledge of Personal Training techniques from assessment to program design.
- Must be able to operate and adjust all Fitness equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to demonstrate and maintain a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Possesses a strong customer service focus. Responds professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong organizational skills. Understands basic record keeping practices and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be computer proficient, with basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Minimum of one certification from organization recognized by UFC Gym
- Current CPR/AED certification
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four-year degree in a related field recognized by UFC Gym (preferred).
- Minimum 6 months of related experience.
- Experience in management/employee relations preferred.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)