GENERAL SUMMARY: The CLASS Member Advisor is responsible for ensuring a positive member and guest experience. They are responsible for the studio aesthetics, ensuring the studio, lobby, and restrooms are well maintained. As needed, they address member and guest concerns. Additionally, they are responsible for following studio policies and procedures and for the successful attainment of goals pertaining to New Membership, Package Sales, and Retail Sales.
CLASS UFC GYM isn't the typical fitness studio. We offer HIIT and Boxing group fitness classes for all fitness levels. Our coaches are all UFC certified, we also track progress and safety with heart rate monitors using 5 different heart rate zones. Noble West is the first of five UFC locations coming to the Indianapolis area and we promote from within. This is a position that offers growth and compensation based on performance. Compensation includes bonuses, commission, free membership, and $11- $15/hr depending on previous experience/ performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- External marketing, promotions and prospecting. Schedule and participate in offsite promotional events, distribute marketing material, build relationships with local merchants, and inform the community of the CLASS studio.
- Internal marketing and prospecting. This includes collecting leads at the point of enrollment, from the current member base through relationship building, and other referral generating strategies.
- Contact all inquiries that are obtained through social, digital, or grassroots marketing.
- Book membership appointments through productive phone activities and meet or exceed monthly First CLASS goals set forth by the franchise partner.
- Ensure that appointments translate into members to meet or exceed monthly guest goal set forth by the franchise partner.
- Properly register prospective members. Successfully enroll and onboard new members.
- Sell CLASS equipment, apparel, and accessories to studio member and guests.
- Complete checklists and logs in a timely manner.
- Attend monthly meetings or other scheduled meetings.
- Follow up on past due members to update payment information or collect late dues and down payments.
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the front desk, as assigned.
- Assist with inventory or product pricing, as needed.
- Maintain all supplies and cleaning equipment in good condition in designated storage areas.
- Keep front desk, lobby and restrooms neat, clean and stocked during scheduled shifts.
- Wipe down and dust, equipment, doors, and floors regularly.
- Keep windows, glass doors and mirrors in the studios clean.
- Empty all trash receptacles daily and sweep, vacuum or mop as necessary.
- Clean and disinfect the toilets, shower stalls and changing areas and restock the locker room.
- Pick up debris and spillage promptly, cleaning and disinfecting areas as necessary.
- Immediately report any areas of concerns to management (such as leaks, malfunctioning fixtures and equipment, slow drainage, and any mold or infestations).
Customer Service Duties
- Warmly greet members and guests as they enter and leave the studio.
- Respond professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members, and staff.
- Assist the coaching staff with class set up, lighting, music volume, and studio technology.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and transfer phone calls promptly to the right individuals.
- Check in members, verify membership, and assist with signing up members for classes.
- Educate members on required equipment and loaning and returning rentals.
- Process purchases through the approved POS system.
- Provide information to members regarding special club events and promotions.
- Immediately report or escalate any unsafe conditions or emergency situations to management.
- Maintain a professional image and behavior. Arrive dressed in uniform. Avoid eating, sitting, reading, Internet browsing, using a personal cell phone or other activities which are not work related.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Class Studio Member Advisor reports to the Class Studio Manager and Assistant Studio Manager.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of sales practices and techniques
- Must be energetic and possess a very friendly, outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess a strong customer service focus
- Have a general understanding of Fitness Industry
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player and possess a can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task and perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with computers.
- Possess extreme attention to detail regarding the cleanliness and safety inside the gym
- Must know and understand the proper use of chemicals and cleaning materials
- Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times
- Adhere to all safety rules
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Current CPR/AED certification
3) Minimum experience:
- Preferred to have 1 year of customer service and/or sales experience in health club, retail, hospitality or food service industry
- Experience with multiple phone lines preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
4) Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 45+ lbs.
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)