The Operations Manager (OM) is to ensure that members receive exceptional service from a happy, friendly staff in a clean and well-maintained facility. OM’s are also responsible for hiring, training and supervising all front desk, kids club, janitorial, juice bar and maintenance technicians. This role is also responsible to resolve all membership issues, update past due accounts, manage payroll and supply budgets; while upholding all UFC Gym standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for hitting a monthly Operations Revenue goals, including Retail, Supplements, Juice bar and Non-Commissioned Revenue. Also, responsible for hitting and growing their club’s monthly dues tap.
- Major emphasis is to support member retention by advocating for the best member experiences and operational processes in the club.
- Hire, train and develop a strong operational team including front desk, kids club, juice bar, maintenance and janitorial.
- Maintain a clean and safe facility for all members and team members; checking that the facilities equipment is well-maintained.
- Ensure team members always executes the basics in friendliness, cleanliness, punctuality and in dress code.
- Resolve member concerns and complaints in a professional manner within UFC Gym corporate and club parameters.
- Monitor club facilities for appearance and equipment and resolve or escalate issues that detract from the member experience. Assist in providing direction to janitorial service.
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across club functions to improve the member and team member experience.
- Responsible for bill collecting on members electronic funds transfer (EFT) dues as well as making phone calls for past due members and members with invalid credit cards.
- Ensure that retail is optimally merchandised and displayed and that merchandise transfers take place according to company policy and procedure.
- Follow-up with compliance checks by monitoring club systems and employee performance.
- Ensure that systems procedures are accurately followed: proper POS procedure, desk set up, File Organization, Member Check-in, Class Check-in, Telephone Inquiry, Guest Registration, cash handling and member ID Cards
- Maintain an efficient ‘back office.’
- Make daily banking deposits Monday – Friday.
- Order and maintain all supplies.
- Supervise point-of-sales (POS) operations and file daily and weekly club revenue reports.
- Responsible for proper inventory receiving and inventory control activities per company guidelines. Prepare inventory reports.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Highly organized and willing to take leadership responsibilities regardless of situation.
- Must possess strong oral, presentation and written communication skills and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated and proactive.
- An understanding of food & beverage operations.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends if necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Experience in Food and beverage service is preferred.
- Experience in a health club or the hospitability industry preferred.
- Serve Safe or Food Handlers Card must be obtained within the first 30 days of hire.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- State certification (see state specific requirements).
- Must complete Kid's Club Attendant training prior to working alone in Kid's Club.
Train Different, Live Different, Work Different. At UFC GYM we inspire others to reach their potential in and out of the gym. We are passionate about maximizing potential – in our members, our teammates and ourselves. Think big, don’t settle and change lives including your own. If you believe in excellence, value a high-performance lifestyle and are passionate about enriching lives through health and fitness, then you belong here.
UFC GYM is an original. The Original. We are proud to be the global leader in mixed martial arts inspired fitness and conditioning. Forged from the partnership of two powerhouses, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and New Evolution Ventures (NEV), we empower everyone to access the training benefits and programs of elite UFC athletes.
UFC GYM is more than a brand. We are a community of fitness committed individuals who believe in the power of a team approach. Your success is our success. Join our family and find out!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at (714) 668-0911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to UFC Gym.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)